Thursday 9 July 2015

Look what came in the post...


Last Friday my Kings Seeds catalogue arrived in the post and yes I was ready. A few weeks ago I went through their last years catalogue and my seeds and sorted what seeds I need for this coming growing season making a list of what I need in the back of my diary. Although I have some seeds left from last year there are gaps and things that you always need more of every year.

In last years catalogue is circled what I ordered and likewise i have circled what has been ordered in this years catalogue. Even though I order my seeds online I still fill in the order form for my reference and to calculate my costs before I go to their website, that way I am totally prepared and I have already worked out how many bonus seed packets I am entitled to. The bonus seed packets are A seeds only so I don't tend to buy those but leave them to be selected as my bonus seeds. My bonus seed selections I mark in my catalogue as squares not circles. This might seem a bit odd but it works for me. Having my order form already filled in makes the ordering online very easy as you already have all the codes and can fill in the code number instead of having to select everything through the vegetable and flower selection pages.

This year I have selected some flower seeds as well, can't go past sweet peas in my opinion for colour and scent in the garden and an amazing cut flower bringing the essence of the garden right into the living quarters - just magic. My theory with ordering flower seeds is that for the cost of a punnet of seedlings I have enough seeds to keep my gardens full of the little beauties that I enjoy in the gardens around the house. I normally choose scented flowers and the bonus is of course attracting insect life into the garden which always helps with the pollination of my veggies.

My order has been placed and now I am eagerly awaiting the delivery of my parcel of seeds, to me that delivery is as good as Christmas morning with my family. 

Come back soon to see what will come in the post, I wonder when it will arrive?

Cheers
Donna-Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment