Tuesday 6 August 2013

August already...

I haven't been down to the allotment much due to trips to Whangarei and Quilt Symposium in Taupo. Had a fantastic time, but now it is catch up time.

Looking at the photos of the plot when I first planted it, makes me really appreciate what I saw today down there.

Today when I was there.

Percy put up a string to frighten the sparrows which have been eating my lettuce. Has bottle top seals hanging from it.

The cabbages and broccoli are hearting up.

Unfortunately I tidied today before taking the photos. In here were some Asian greens that were going to seed, I removed them to let the garlic get more light. You can just see the garlic if you look closely.

The parsley and coriander are doing well and that is my carrots under the cloche.

When I was in Whangarei last I took some photos of the gardens up there and I will share those in the next post, so please come back.

Remember that I love to read your comments, so please leave one.

Thanks
Donna-Maree



No comments:

Post a Comment