Saturday 17 August 2013

Quick visit to Hamilton Gardens

My daughter and I did a day trip to Hamilton and while there visited the Hamilton Gardens. I absolutely love the Hamilton Gardens and it has been a long while since I have been there.


It was at the Hamilton Gardens that I did Landscaping papers at what was Waikato Polytechnic and we walked around the gardens just about every day learning and identifying a huge range of plants and their uses. It has lots of good memories for me and is somewhere where I definitely feel at home. The peace and tranquility along with the inspiration, as well as the smells is what also makes it so special. The fact that it was Georgia that was with me this time was also poignant as I was expecting her when doing the last of my classes and exams.

While the gardens are definitely in their winter mode, it is a fantastic time to see the structure that each garden has, and how it holds the garden together especially without the prettiness and abundance of leaves and flowers.








Just a few of the photos that I took but these show the variety of inspiration that there is here. I love the way that the gardens are laid out and how they interconnect but have their own definite boundaries. You are constantly drawn through into the next area with peek-a-boo vistas that entice you on.

I will share more photos in the next couple of posts as there are too many for one, plus I want to talk about some of the photos in greater detail, especially the sustainable and kitchen gardens. We didn't get around all of the gardens, but I am planning to return soon and to continue my exploring and seeing what has changed at the gardens since my days there.

Until next time, happy gardening everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment